Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Monday Night Madness

blog blog blog all day long
blog blog blog while I sing this song.

I never did turn in that paper for California History on tues. I'll finish it tonight at work and turn it in late. Oh well.
On Sunday me and Lauri were in the apartment all day. We left three times: once for lunch, once for dinner and once to buy a new playstation2. Then monday when I was supposed to be writign that paper I got caught up in watching a president's day West Wing Marathon. I finally got to see the ones where Zoe gets kidnapped and John Goodman becomes president. Anyway, by monday night I was so sick of TV that I almost ran ot of the house screaming when 7pm rolled around. I told Lauri to get her shit together we were going out in the city. I was feelin kinda shitty and didn't really know what to do. Our first stop was Vroman's so I could look to see if they had Fear and Loathing on the Campaign trail '72 by the recetly deceased Hunter S. Thompson. I'm sure they did have it but I didn't know what section to look in and becasue I'm an introvert I really didn't feel like asking anyone. So we just looked around for a while. I haven't read anything good in a while and once you get off the scent of good books its hard to get back on it.
After that I really had no idea where to go. We drove through old town just to see the city. KROQ was still playing there 90's flashback weekend and we heard that song by Space Hog I can't remember the name of it, but it has that line "Okay Okay, I'm not Okay." and for some reason that got me pumped up. So I said lets go pick up Randy and we cold have a sing along to 90's songs in car and go to the crown for a beer. And then Lauri said lets go pick up Sheila, who in relation to us lives in BFE but was house sitting. I thought what a great idea we could be like back in high school when one person had a car had to drive around and pick up everyone before going anywhere. So we would have 90's music and car full of people, how nostalgic would that be? But Sheila wasn't feelin it so we called Randy, who while not overly enthusiastic was willing to roll. So we drove from downtown Pasadena to Arcadia and back to downtown.
The Crown was its usual fun self I was looking for fun events on monday night around Pasadena in the Pasadena weekly but we had missed a poetry reading at the library. The only problem was that there were these yuppies sitting next to us that had never been in The Crown before. They kept ordering these obscure forign beers and then complaining that they tasted like shit. And then one of the chicks started getting loud about how bad the backed beans tasted and told Oscar ( the FNG bartender) to tell the cooks how to make baked beans. Then Lauri got mad because I was eves dropping on them and not listening to her. I'm just glad that Tim or Troy wasn't bartending for those yuppies or the whole thing might have ended in violence. Anyway, I'd had enough of thier yuppy talk so I got up and moved. I had three PBR's and some chicken fingers and some nice conversation. They were getting ready to close early because it was monday and there wasn't anyone in there except us and the yuppies (Do people still use that term?) BUT, right before we left someone called Oscar and asked how late they would be open and he said twenty minutes. Now, someone tells me 20 mins and I'm not going to show up there for a beer. But wouldn't you know just was we're walking out the door in come these fucks from the yardhouse. I felt bad, Oscar had dealt with those yuppy fucks all night and now as he's trying to close in come more people. Ah well.
I decided I wanted to play some pool at the bar formerly known as Tailgators because it was early still (10pm). But this was a dangerous proposition because it was just as likely they would be closed and because after more beers I would have to take Randy home. So we went and it was closed so we headed back to Randy's for a little DVR watching and a couple more PBR's. All around it was a pretty good night if you dont count the fact that i should have been writing a paper.

I got me a chicken infection.
-Meatwad

1 comment:

Randy said...

Pete your song rocks and that was a great Monday night. I am glad I came out with you.