Thursday, February 10, 2005

Reparations For Lost Time

So I know I've gone off on group work in college classes before but today was a new low. One hour and 15min into class the professor decides he's actaully going to leave class and leave us to work in groups. THE FUCKER LEFT CLASS. If he doesn't care enough to be there why the hell should I? So there we are... not talking...staring at each other...wondering who's going to take the lead. I volunteer to write down whatever we decide on. The problem is no one is working on the assignment. Who the fuck is going to work on an assignment after the teacher leaves class. At the end of the class we have absolutely nothing done. Someone is supposed to read the work to the class the next class period but we all decide that we are probably not going to class anyway, why would we the professors clearly doesn't give a flying fuck. I want the two hours of my life I've wasted back. I want all the time i've wasted in bullshit classes, i want all the time I've wasted at Red Lights, and I want all the time back I've wasted waiting in line at the DMV. How easily we give up the fleeting moments of our fleeting lives and how hard we pray to have that time back at the end of our lives.

Right now I'm listening to the new Killers CD. I really didn't like the first single but I have to ad mit the album is growing on me. In track 5 there's a line that says "I wanna shine on in the hearts of Man." I think thats pretty cool.
I'm not sure what else to say now. The battery is dying on my discman. Red Hook is good beer. Beauty is Truth; truth beauty. Other than that...

No comments: