Thursday, October 27, 2005

I might have done something stupid

I might have done something stupid. You ever get so pissed about the way your being treated at work and you swear your going to do something about it? Well I did. I sent two pretty controversial emails to my boss. Noramlly, i'm allowed to be controversial and direct just because I have good diplomacy skills. But in an email? Thats dangerous. The recipient could take it totally the wrong way. But I never see my boss he leaves a lot of times before I get there. Anyway, I think I have enough goodwill built up to weather a storm, but my new boss is kind of a hothead. We'll see how it goes. The funny thing is, i'm really not treated that badly. I get lots of leeway, good hours for the time being and regular raises. It was just a series of bad incidents that set me off.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

It'll be fine. Knowing the way that place works, you might get promoted.

Jeff said...

Maybe he will be so afraid of you going postal that he'll give you a raise.
Angry e-mails are ALWAYS a bad idea though. What you should do is write the e-mail, send it first to an uninvolved person and see what they say, then give it at least a two-day cooling off period. If after that you still feel like sending then do it.
However, it sounds like you keep the place from collapsing on itself so I would guess you're safe. I think you need to start conquering your thetas.

Pete said...

thetans.