Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Morning Post

Good Morning everyone! Today has been a challenging day so far. There are idiots teaching idiots and many preventable fuck-ups. But then again, what's new?! My boss informed me yesterday that a worker's comp. auditor was coming in today to check things out. My boss wanted me to go around the manufacturing and shipping areas and "baby proof" it. So i did and the guy is here now. No matter what i did, i'm sure it was wrong and/or not good enough. Moving on...

I didn't do much last night. I decided to cook myself some dinner. I have a recipe from my mom for beef stroganoff. Its very simple. I like it a lot, Pete thinks its the blandest thing ever. Who cares what he thinks though. So i went to the store and got what i needed to make it. I grabbed a couple of items that were low in sodium (i'm trying to be careful about what i eat). When i made my dinner is was extremely bland. So i was disappointed. But the fat pig that i am, i still ate that shit till it was almost gone (after adding some of my own salt...sigh). After dinner i watched some tv. America's Next Top Model was on, i like that show. Why do i like it?? I really have no idea. I then realized that there isn't anything on tv. I flipped by the World Series Game a couple of times and it was around the 9th inning. Then after doing some dishes i flipped again and came to the World Series Game and it was in the 11th inning. Then it became interesting to me. So i watched the rest of the game and it was a long game. Did anyone watch it? It went to 14 innings! That's ridiculous. It was 1am in Houston and for those watching in the east coast, it was 2am. I'd be like, "Forget it! I'll hear the end on the radio as i drive home!". But of course no one did that cuz it was something that hasn't happened in years. Pete said something about it not happening since 1916? I could be wrong. So after watching a baseball game for about two hours, and it being intense, i dreamt about baseball. It was a dream that mixed what i was watching, to the feelings and experiences i had with being on a softball team. I didn't sleep to well.

Its hard these days to get up in the morning. Its chilly and dark. My heater is broken at the moment. I need to call my manager but i don't like having strangers in my apartment. And i know that it won't be the manager that will fix it, so its even worse, total strangers. But there is nothing more i hate than being cold.

What should i do tonight? Happy hour at the Crown? I've had a rough week and could use a cocktail. So maybe i'll go. Who's down?
I guess i should rap this up. I think i'll blog some more later today. I do have more to talk about. So check back here later. Hell, i check the blog every 10 minutes. Its sad, so, so, sad.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I'm down like a brown clown with an upside-down frown for the Crown. I'm picking up my old lady and I'm planning on being there about 8:30 and leaving no later than 10:30.

Randy said...

I'll be at the Crown but not till about 10:30PM. See ya there.