Friday, May 27, 2005

The Original Purpose

Just a remeinder to our new members that the original title of this blog was "Life Outside the Rat Race" it was intended to document our strange lives living for so long outside the 9-5 workforce experience. Of course for me it has become a place to post random crap that pops into my head and I've also used it to bitch about work. BUT, don't forget to put the random crap on there too like what you did last night and what you did on the weekend. And what you do in bed at 4am (still waiting...). Alright, well on that note I'm gonna talk about last night...

We went to the crown last night and had some beers for Tom's birthday. It was pretty fun. As usual when Randy and I get together we had a lot to drink and we started gettin all philosophical and emotional. And Alex as usual got mad because he wasn't drinking and didn't want to hear our crap. I won't go into what was said it was probably mostly unintelligible anyway. When I got home I made some popcorn. I don't know why but I've been doing that alot lately. I was actaully a bit drunker than i had realized because I was shoving huge handfuls of popcorn in my mouth with my eyes closed. I think I also ate a slice of ham but I can't be sure.

Just a sidebar...I was reading the Calender section on the toilet just now and there was a blurb on the Star Wars ad that said Episode III was better than the original Star Wars. I'm sorry but whoever wrote that should not be allowed to review movies anymore because they are clearly a moron. The quote come from the New York Times, I can't beleive it.

I think I might have done some sleepwalking last night too. I don't know what makes me think that but i just remember walking around and possible drinking some orange juice and thinking that I felt really fucked up. I took a sleeping pill last night so the combination of that and the Vodka might have put me out of my head. Who knows. I don't remember walking into anyone's room naked so thats good.
I had dreams of driving to Yosemite. I had a dream that the whole crew was going to meet there at different times. Me and Randy were supposed to leave at like 6pm and get there at like 10pm, but instead we got so engrossed in watching TV (yes, we watch tv even in our dreams) that we didn't realize how late it was and then didn't end up leaving until 10:30pm and then I woke up. When I woke up I was actually dissappointed about not having to drive to Yosemite. Weird. Anyway, I can't wait to go its gonna be so refreshing to the spirit and boy do I need it. Vacations have always been a part of my life and I haven't had a proper one since the last time we went. Its going to be great.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Sorry for blogging about my job but i am here for almost my entire day. I guess i'll think of something else.

Lauri said...

..and why can't it be changed back to "Life Outside the Rat Race"?

Pete said...

I'm not saying don't blog about your job, I'm saying also tak about other stuff. Don't be afraid to talk a little shit, just don't get mean. I wanna know what you were thinking last night or whenever.