Sunday, May 15, 2005

This week in Pete (part two)

Fri.
Friday was weird. See even after watching Life Aquatic until 1am I still couldn't sleep so I was up late. I had decided the night before that I was gonna go hiking in the morning and hike along the stream for a while. The problem is that I slept crapy so I didn't fell like doin shit. Again I tricked myself into going hiking. It was hot...and it was freaking hard but I made it. I hiked down to the stream. There was a problem, however. Normally, or at least in the past I've been able to boulder hop like nobady's business. It's just a matter of shutting your mind down to everything sle except the next rock your going to land on. Its actually very theraputic, like a zen thing. But today, I couldn't concentrate. I was like Luke Skywalker on Degobah doing a handstand with Yoda on one foot and rocks floating all around. Then R2 distracts him and all the shit falls down. I had my foot go in the water twice. I hit my head on a branch. And I banged my knee. I just couldn't turn my mind off. Little snippets of song or movies kept coming into my head and ditracting me. I didn't hike back very far until I turned around.
When I got back home I took a shower and then Randy called so I went to his house. He missed school and was a couple beers in. I think he got pissed when I didn't start drinking right away. In fact I didn't really start drinking until dinner at 9 or so. I was bored at Randy's so I thought it would be a good idea to go to my house where we could enjoy the remaining sunlight. Eat some chips and play Dominoes or something. We could have gone to happy hour but I didn't want to spend the money. Randy was getting totally trashed at my house and mad cause I wasn't drinking and alex was kicking our asses at Dominoes. I thought it would be fun to get a few beers in us and then walk to Lauri's. I called it my big plan. But the boys weren't havin' it. One they didn't want to go to Lauri's and two there aren't ones to use thier legs when there are perfectly good wheels around. (Sorry comrades but you know its true.) So we wating for Lauri, decided on BJ's (which was Lovely). I had a few BJ's blondes which were great. During the meal, however, Lauri decided to bail on us for the rest of the night. And Alex had to go home because his stomach was hurting. Right away Randy and I got sinister looks on our faces. The two of us sans girlfriend, sans little brother out on the town. It would be dangerous times. Lauri dropped us off at the Gold line station and things went downhill from there.
It took the train 15 minutes to show up. and then another five before it left again. Down time like that for a couple of old men like us can really put a damper on things. Halfway through the train ride, some little wannabe gangsters got on the train and one of them started talking to this young girl. Normally me and Randy keep a low profile but we would be damned if this punk was gonna hassle some hard working young adult with potential on our train. So Randy says, " Why don't get the fuck out of here, you fucking degenerate." The gangster looked at Randy confusedly not knowing whether "degenerate" was an insult or not. So Randy says, " it means yer a piece of shit now go sit down before I sit you down." Not being used to being talked to in this fashion with his homies around the little gangster gets in a fighting position. A quick elbow to the nose by Randy put the little punk down quick, of course now we had his homies to deal with. The beauty of fighting on a train is that your opponents can only come at you single file. While Randy stood on the first gangsters neck I gave the first guy in the line of homies comin at me a strong lower palm to the sternum which had the effect of knocking his wind out but also putting him down in to the line of gangsters behind him. Of course, then it was our stop so we got off the train confindent that the gangsters had been thouroughly routed and would not be bother anyone else on the train.
The crown sucked for it being a friday night. We had a few beers before Alex showed up fresh over a case of the shits. I drank two pints of PBR on top of the three pints I had at BJ's and then a Miller Lite. We left pretty quickly and then went back to Randy's apartment. Where I had another beer and then tried to blog some. I can't so it right on their laptop though. After a short while alex took me back to Lauri's and I went to sleep.
Sat.
Saturday was mostly about waiting to go to work. We changes Lauri's oil but nothing too exciting. I got home from work and have been watching TV and bloggin ever since. Hope you enjoyed this. See you tommorow.

No comments: