Sunday, May 15, 2005

This Week in Pete (part one)

So last night we (me, lauri, randy, and alex) were at dinner at BJ's (which was lovely) and Randy was saying how he was reading Kevin Smith's Blog and that it was kind of just like a daily diary and that he thought our blog should be more like that and that we should all start bloggin more often. Which reminds me that I need to send Lauri an invitation to our blog so that we can consolidate. Anyway...So that's what this is. I'm just gonna catalogue the last couple of days as best I can. I will warn you...Not everything in here is going to be completely true and some of it may not have actually have happened at all. I will take license wherever I feel like for the sake of comedy or drama.
Wed.
On Wednesday I went to school even though I didn't really want to. I don't remember why I didn't want to, just a general sense of dread I guess ("normal paranoia, everyone in the Universe has that.." Slartilbartfast). But I went anyway, I tricked myself into thinking I was going to go to Lauri's and play GTA and then distracted myself long enough to get on the freeway. Really I'm not that difficult to distract.
Unfortunately, it was one of those days where the professor just puts stuff up in a power point presentation and you're supposed to take notes. That can hold my attention for about half an hour so by 2:30 I was rearranging my notebook and writing notes to myself about how bored I was. After class I went to Lauri's and played GTA and waited for her to come home. When Lauri got home we went hiking to first water. Were trying to lose a few pounds while getting in shape for our Yosemite trip.
That night we went to the Late night happy hour at the crown and ,you guessed it, I drank too much. Really I don't know what got into me but I was sowing Red Hooks I had seen Hitchiker's Guide the night before so when people told me to slow down I would claim that the world was going to end in 12 minutes anyway. Plus those people at the crown are sinister they put beers in front of you while you're not looking. Thats what I love about the Crown. (alex hates it for the same reason.) Oh yeah, thats another thing...Alex was all pissed at me because I said bad things about Kingdom of Heaven. He doesn't like it when you disagree with him about movies. We rarely agree...he likes a lot of action I like strong characters and emotion.
After getting seriously trashed at the crown, Randy and Alex dropped me off at Lauri's where I crashed my way into the house at 1am put on the copy of Wrath of Kahn that I borrowed from Randy and Made some popcorn. Lauri says I forgot to put the popcorn in the microwave before I started it. I guess that could have happened. I finished that Popcorn in about ten minutes and fell asleep ten minutes after that. When I woke up the movie was over and the tape had rewound itself. I crawled to bed still drunk and thoroughly dehydrated.
Thurs.
I woke up at Lauri's with a raging headache. There was no aspirin. I drove home in a cold hangover sweat. I took two aspirin, drank a bottle of water and went the hell back to bed. I felt like crap the rest of the day. Why do I do this shit to myself? I'll never know. When Lauri got home from work we went hiking again. It was hard this time because I was still fighting a hangover, it felt good to sweat out the poison.
I had rented the Merchant of Venice and The Life Aquatic to watch that night but we just ended up watching ER and Project Greenlight instead. I went home at 11 and watched the Life Aquatic.

No comments: