Monday, July 25, 2005

Alaska ain't that bad

Hi everybody. What is happening? Exciting things I am sure. I must confess not much has happened up here but I guess that is the point of moving to a small town, right?
On Saturday I helped my Dad, Uncle and cousin build a fence which I mentioned briefly in the last post I made. It was cool, it's good to build something with your hands every now and then, it gives you a sense of accomplishment. So that took most of the day it was a very elaborate fence I will take a picture so you can all see it when I get back. Then after the fence we came home and my cousin, John, his wife, Piper, and their son, Luke all came over for dinner. We had Kung Pao Chicken...it was good. Then after dinner Luke watched a video and my Mom, Piper, John and myself played a game by the makers of Cranium I can't remember what it's called something like Whooonu?? or something like that. It was fun. After all that excitement they headed home and that was the night.
Sunday was Church Day so that took up some of the day. After church though we went to lunch at my aunt and uncle's house. We had halibut steaks, mashed potatoes and salad...it was good. After that we had to go to the airport and pick up my other cousin and her family and some workgroup from West Virginia. So we did that and then went home had fish and chips from a place called "The Picnic Basket". It too was tasty. Then I watched some late night TV and went to bed.
Today it rained. Kinda sucky but what can you do? My dad and I spent the day trying to get my truck insured for the ride down. So we spent all day waiting for insurance people to call back this was all done while I sat in his office at The Cordova Chamber of Commerce. It wasn't the best time ever had but not too bad either. We have to wait till tomorrow to find out the results of the insurance search, I am sure everything will work out. So after all that we cam home had some Mac and Cheese...it was of course, say it with me...Goood. Then my mom and I watched a video while my Dad went to some Disaster Recovery team meeting or something. Now they are in bed it is not yet 11 here.
So tomorrow will hopefully be clear and if so we are going to go out to Child's Glacier (the one where huge chunks of ice fall off a lot) and take ppictures and what not also hopefully on the way out there we'll see some wildlife and I will get a few pics of those too. You know like moose, bear, etc. I might also go on a few small less than a mile hikes tomorrow depending again on the weather and other factors. It looks like I will be leaving here on Sunday as of now and heading back home.
I don't know though Life Outside the Rat Race really ain't that bad...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo randy when are you coming home we need you. don't get eaten by a bear on one of your hikes.its good to here that pete beat bunk-o that game was starting to rule his life. anyway i got go i'm out like disco baby