Sunday, June 12, 2005

Fuck The National Park Service!

So I'm minding my own business and starting to get excited about the upcoming Yosemite trip when out of the clear blue sky I get a call from the National Park Service..."Hi, we're cancelling your reservations, seven days away from when you supposed to be here, because there is snow on the ground. What can you do about it? Not a damn fuckin thing." It took every fiber of y being not to lose my mind right there. It would have been easy, all I would have had to do was just let go. Let go of my loose hold on reality and just go crazy. But I didn't. I went right to my trusty Lonely Planet guide, which I now believe to be the best book I've ever purchased, and found some campgrounds outside the park. I found reservations at a hostile a bit outside the park but only for a week later. Then I was able to get reservationsfor a campground that was only a mile outside the park gate but we lost a day of vacation in the process. Oh well a figure better than nothing. My grip on reality is beginning to take hold again. I'm still a bit bitter about losing the campsite that we booked in Feb. But perhaps the strife and panic that the cancellation caused will make the trip all the sweeter. The irony in all this is that when we were getting all that rain this year, I was lovin' it, i thought it was great. As it turns out, that rain was turning into snow in the Sierras and ruining my camping trip. Funny ol' world in'it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well ots like the lonlely traveler once said, i don't know what he said can someone throw me a bone here.

Pete said...

So Tim, Since I got my reservations back to normality we are still on for Randy's party on the 26th.