Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Good Movies

I have seen a lot of movies this summer. Even though I haven't seen all of them some are not out yet (Fantastic Four, The Island, War Of The Worlds) some I haven't seen yet (Mr. and Mrs. Smith) some I'm not gonna see (Shark Boy and Lava Girl, Madagascar, Sisterhood Of Traveling Pants, Herbie). But of the movies that have been out this summer I'm surprised Hollywood is in its worst slump. 18 straight weeks we have been behind last years numbers and I didn't there were a lot of good movies out last summer. I just saw Batman Begins and it was very good too good to see at home on the TV. There are just some things you get from movies and some DVD. Movies: big screen, state of the art sound, anice place to take a date. DVD: comfortable chairs, pause to go to the bathroom or a snack, no one talking. But I wonder will we get out of this slump? Is it the comfort of DVD or is it maybe that no good movies are out. I would say that's not true but some would say it is. I hope we haven't lost all movie goers and movie theaters with some bad movies. Is it because there are only very few good movies? Comment.

No comments: