Monday, August 08, 2005

Controversy at the Plate

So now we're getting junk comments. This is not the kind of attention I was hoping for. Anyway from now on all you administrators have my permission to delete the obvious junk comments at your discretion.
Just a few words on the 5-11's game and then I'm going to let the matter drop. We were cheated somewhere out of three points, and because of those three points we lost the game. The most infuriating part is that no one believes us, except Tom. Not even Lauri. Alex was keeping score and I checked him along the way. Is it possible we made a mistake? It would have been possible for me to make a mistake, yes. I know two things about baseball: Jack and shit, and Jack just left town. But Alex is a sports fanantic and didn't make any mistakes. In fact, HE corrected me on one occasion when one of Ron's homerun's was a double because it was the second of the inning. So there it is, an extremely frustrating situation. Having scored something like 16 runs, the 5-11's still lost the game. With this knowledge in hand I have a dire prediction for the remainder of the season. I'm not going to say it because I don't want to get certain people's spirits down. So thats the end of it. Suffice to say I will not be playing the Role of "manager" again seeing as how I can't keep score the Sierra Madre way.

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Look i'll be the one to say it, we are big fat losers! I'm ok with it. Sure it would be great to win a game or maybe even two games. I'm doing this for fun and exercise. Heck yeah i beat myself for messing up, but what are you going to do. And its not that i don't believe your scoring, i don't believe their's either. Its a waste of my brain space to try to figure out what went wrong. In the long run, no one cares what we got, its the "offical" count that matters. And with that said, i won't be playing next year. I will however go into every single game wanting and trying to win!!! I hope everyone joins me. Cuz if not, then we might as well drop out all together.

Lauri said...

Fuck what bullshit?