Friday, August 05, 2005

what's a happenin'...

So let's see what's been happening in the world of Lauri... my knees are stupid. Sheila sighs when i say "i'm leaving early cuz my knees hurt" or "i have a doctor's app. for my knees". It sucks when i don't have proof of pain, like a bruise or cut or something. Ya'll just have to take my word for it. I'm leaving early today to get some x-rays done. That'll be a hoot.

I'm not working this weekend. I have a softball game that i hope everyone comes for. Its at 7:15pm, same place. We gotta win this one...right? I have my game list on the fridge and i put lost next to the games we have played already. Last week we were only down by one. And even at one point we were ahead. We haven't been ahead yet. It felt good. But the feeling soon dissappeared. We gotta do it this time 5-11's!!!!!!!!!!

This morning i was awakened by the sound of the library alarm going off. It's not one of those ridiculously ear piercing alarms, thank God. But it was annoying enough to keep me up. I think this is the second time its gone off since i've lived there.

There is a mystery going on here at work. Ms. Jennifer has had some of her ice cream Snickers stolen from the freezer. Now those of you who don't know Jennifer, she loves her food and she must eat at certain times. It comes down to, IT'S ALL ABOUT JENNIFER. But anyways, she accusing people and she put a note on the lunchroom fridge that says: DON'T TOUCH OTHER PEOPLES FOOD!!! So Sheila and i are wondering, "touch or eat??" She's so lame. Either way she's trying to get her point across and it isn't in a professional way. Now granted, i'd be pretty pissed if someone just ate my food. But then i avoid that by putting my name on things. Maybe she should too. I don't give people any credit for being smart or polite around here.

What should i do this weekend? A friend wants me to go with her to a Hungarian Festival, i think i'll pass. I feel like hanging around and swimming and drinking beer before my softball game. On Sat. i'll probably go visit Sheila while she's dogsitting. Who knows. I do know that i'll be sleeping in, cuz man have i been tired lately. My friend Jeremy left this morning for Iraq. He's in the Navy. He won't be back till March or so. He better take care of himself (no comments please from the peanut gallery). I hope we have a crazy thunderstorm tonight or this weekend. I love the huge thunder heads around. Heck man, if i'm super bored on saturday, i might go storm chasing! Who's with me?? Ok i guess that's about it for now, have a great weekend. Oh and Randy, be careful driving home. Bye!

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Dually noted.

Pete said...

Why did you change the title?

Jeff said...

Knee pain sucks ass, but it always got me out of running the mile in high school.

I think you should come up with some kind of plan to fuck with this chick who eats a lot. Buy some snickers, eat them, and then put the empty wrappers near the desk of another person at work that you don't like. That way you have an excuse to eat Snickers, you piss off this annoying chick and maybe she'll eat the other person you hate.

Randy said...

Thank you for telling me to be careful. I will. I look forward to hanging out when I get back.