Thursday, August 04, 2005

Stream of Consciousness

So...Man, I could really go for some popcorn right now. Sure it's nearly two in the morning and eating anything right now would be unhealthy to say the least, but god damn when a man has the late ngiht munchies what's to be done? I got this movie at blockbuster called A Very Long Engagement that I'm contemplating putting on right now. I also got a game called God of War that I want to play but here's the problem: Anyone who's been with Rat Race from the start knows that my original playstation 2 went in the shitter about six months ago and I got a new one (me and Lauri got a new one). I gave the old one to Tom because it worked fine with every game except GTA. But recently the old one really took a shit wasn't working anymore. I brought my tools home form Lauri's in the hopes of repairing it one more time and getting a few more miles out of it. Well... there was an incident and now its completely beyond repair. I know Lauri's thinkin that I got frustrated and threw it across the room or something (I can't fault her logic here) but, no, its just that something got disconnected that wasn't supposed to and I can't fix it. Thats life. It wasn't working anyway. But now I can't play God of War. So I'm contemplating starting French Cinema in the middle of the night. Plus... no popcorn.
Someday I'm going to do a blogging experiment where I write a post every hour and every hour I take another two shots. I want to see my mental decline as the night go on and have it indelibly written into the internet ether. (indelibly and ether thats what we would call oxymoron) But this is not that night.
I wonder should I ever become a famous writer, will these blogs be published and studied over. If Mark Twain had had a blog would we be reading it as supplimental material to Huckleberry Finn? I have a book of Mark Twain's speeches when he was on a lecture tour and they are little more than the oral blogs. Or does the very ease of blogging make it throw away writing. I mean look at most of our posts... we hardly even punctuate. (after writing this I went though and punctuated somewhat.)
Well this little talk has been fun. I don't think I'm gonna put the movie on but I'm not going to sleep either. I don't know what I'll do, maybe read. Maybe I'll drink myself to sleep. Maybe I'll just get up from this computer and start walking out the door and just go on walkabout like the Australian Aboriginals do. Maybe. Who's gonna stop me. You? I don't think so. Ah! who am I kiddin. I'm gonna watch the end of Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle and fall asleep i front of the TV.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

LMAO i totally thought that you threw it across the room while i was reading it. Man do we know each other or what.