Friday, August 19, 2005

Unemployed

Hi everybody, how are we all doing? I am doing ok, I guess. I have been back back now for a week. I have been applying for jobs, posting my resume and what not. No luck. Now it is not as if I had some preconceived notion that I would come back and instantly find a job...actually that is exactly what I thought. Unfortunately for our hero that was not to be. Harsh reality has come crashing down like a ton of bricks and buried me alive. Since home I have applied for at least ten jobs in various IT and education fields and so far I have received one certifiable rejection and a number of submission received notices. No replies or phone calls to speak of though.
I know what you are all saying though:
  1. Keep your head up it is only a matter of time before you find a job.
  2. You have only been searching for a week.
  3. Your expectations of finding a job as soon as you got back were unrealistic.
  4. Maybe you are aiming too high.
  5. Dude you need a job.

So now after being back for a week I am completely and totally broke with the outlook of attaining a job where income is steady becoming more bleak by the day. Maybe graduating college isn't enough nowadays. I don't know? All I do know is sitting around my apartment applying for jobs and not receiving any offers is seriously depressing me and as much as I don't want to admit it the future as of right now doesn't seem so bright.

Anyway maybe I am putting too much thought into it and I should just relax and let the chips fall where they may. I can't do that though I got bills to pay and no money to pay those bills. Well I am tired of griping about my empty void of a life. So I wich you all a great day and whatever you do...have fun???

7 comments:

Pete said...

look in the LA Times Classified. Don't let the chips fall where they may, no one's gonna knock on your door and give you a job. Get any job while you look for a good job.

Jeff said...

I think Hollywood Video is hiring.

Pete said...

OUCH man. Very ouch.

Jeff said...

c'mon...he put it in the tee, I just drove it out of the park

Pete said...

Randy,
Stop ending Imperitive sentences with qustion marks.
-Pete

Jeff said...

I'm Ron Burgundy?

Randy said...

P.S. Jeff I did the Hollywood Video thing already and Blockbuster too. So video stores are more or less out of the game.