Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Three Things

So I was watching TV today and I saw a commercial for a shaving lotion that claimed to give you a 52% closer shave. It got me to thinking...How do they know that? Who measures the stubble? Can stubble even be measured once its shaved off? Whose job is it to measure the stubble. Will you meet a guy one day whose job is some sort of quantitative scientist for bic? I don't know. And I wanna know.
Also, I recieved an offer today to House Manage an event at the Ford this Saturday. Its going to be a difficult event with a staff I don't know doesn't know me and I'm not sure its worth the money they are going to pay me. But on the other hand I need the money. What should I do? Take the job and muddle through or keep my sanity and pass on it. I need your advice. Time is of the essence.
Also, remember how I was talking about Star Trek VI the other day? Well it was on today. You know what the best part of that movie is? Chrstopher Plummer (the father from Sound of Music and character actor extrodinaire, also a noted Shakespearian)as Klingon General Chang. Every time he attacks the enterprise he spouts off some line from Shakespeare. "Cry Havok and let slip the dogs of War!" "once more into the breech dear friends." "To be or not to be?" It's great.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

You are such a huge nerd.

Take the job. Money is money. You can use it to buy everyone a round at the Buc.

Lauri said...

I think you should work it and i'll help work it with you. There's nothing wrong with having some extra cash to do whatever you want with.