Friday, August 05, 2005

Drunks in Space

There's only one problem with the utopian world of Star Trek The Next Generation. (besides the silly cover all uniforms) and its that they don't have beer or alcohol. I mean they have it but they don't drink it. THey have a bar on the enterprise its called Ten Forward (like 10-4 but...well you get it.) But at the bar they serve synthahol. It doesn't get you drunk. I don't know about you but if I'm out saving the galaxy, I might need a cold beer to wind down at the end of the day. A little Romulan Ale perhaps like Kirk and the crew enjoyed on Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country. Is Utopia really Utopia with out a little buzz now and again. If it were really utopia the booze would flow freely and there would be no alcoholism or hangovers.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I can't believe you would even post this - you might as well get out the pocket protector, hike your pants up and join Lambda Lambda Lambda.

Pete said...

You are!

Randy said...

I must agree with Jeff. You are such a Trekkie it is scary sometimes.