Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Some Movie Reviews...Don't yell at me

Ok so Pete says make with the movie reviews and then insults me because I have no money. Whatever.
Alright so I started watching movies on Monday and I got through 3 mind you there are other things I do during my day besides sitting on the couch feeling my ass grow fat. Nothing really worth mentioning but stuff. Anyway here goes these review are in the form of stars and maybe a short comment or two about the film.

  1. Poor
  2. Fair
  3. Good
  4. Excellent
  5. Classic

Please people remember these are only my views and I am sure there will be much disagreement over some reviews but try to be nice:

Movie #1: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

So as you can plainly see I hope I gave this film 3 stars. I am sure many of you probably have no idea a film like this even exists. Well if you get a chance watch it. It is a hilariously kooky movie that has some of the most outlandish scenarios you can imagine and has quite a notable cast as well. Check it out.

Movie#2: S.W.A.T.

I am sure most of you have probably seen this cinematic gem on cable or what not. Look it would be easy to bash this movie for the horrible dialogue "You're either SWAT or you're not", highly implausible action sequences and a plot that one can figure out 20-30 minutes into the movie(and that is generous). I mean a high schooler could come up with more meaningful dialogue and at least some twist but at a touch under 2 hours this does have some decent action scenes however implausible they are. So for mindless entertainment or just a good way to waste 2 hours of your life, go with SWAT.

Movie #3: Mean Girls


Now I know this is where a lot of the what the hell comments and what was I smoking comments start popping up. Before you dismiss these movie reviews as trash and come over and try to kill me. Ask yourself two questions:


  1. Have you seen this movie?
  2. What was it you disliked?

So whatever I don't know what those questions mean but I worked at a video store as you all know and everytime anyone rented this movie didn't matter if it was old people, young people, girls, guys it didn't matter. When I asked what they thought they said they loved it and that in my mind is the definition of a classic when a film can be loved by all ages and sexes. Now sure it is no Star Wars or Citizen Kane or a film that defines a generation but whatever this is just me and my humble thoughts. I am not saying I am right not by any stretch of the imagination.

Well that was it for the first installment that was Monday. I will update you on Tuesday where I kind of cheated but I will explain later. Right now I am going to go stand in front of the A/C cause I am sweating profusely and am in fear of dehydration. I will talk to you all later.

2 comments:

Pete said...

Before you go calling Mean Girls a classic I will have to remind you that its a highly derivative film. Remember Can't Buy me Love in the 80's ? Then there was that one with Sabrina the teenage witch and then She's All That, Love Don't Cost a Thing...on and on. It's that theme of nerd hatches scheme to get popular, nerd likes being popular. Being popular backfires on nerd. Nerd learns valuable lesson and goes back to being a nerd.

Pete said...

I propose a new classification. "Cult Classic" for movie that are flawed that we love anyway. Like "Bill and Ted's excellent adventure" or "Joe v. The Volcano"