Tuesday, August 23, 2005

so far, so good

My week so far has been good. Sunday started off as a good day. I missed out on The Boat with everyone. I didn't think they'd be there allllllll day up until game time. It was a hot day to be playing softball but in the end we didn't lose! I caught some crazy ball for a third out. That was exciting. I think overall the game was fun. Everyone had an individual glory moment.

Yesterday, after work, Sheila and i went to Cost Plus. I still have a gift certificate that i got for my birthday and i wanted to spend it. Of course i ended up leaving it at home.

Today has been an interesting day. There's a woman here from England who is checking everything out for when we are supposed to get audited. I'm not sure what the deal with that is, but, she got mad at Jim and Michael for not having us certified to drive the forklift. haha! I think i did pretty well when it came to my part. Alpana was in the meeting for almost two hours. I ended up walking around with her, so mine was shorter. One good thing i've noticed about my boss these days, he actually lets me talk and answer questions and he'll even direct the question to me instead of answering it himself. He never use to do that. I'm hoping for an above average review this year which in turn i hope for a big raise.

Tomorrow i'll be buying Pete's birthday present. He's a big boy now who deserves a big toy. Ok well it isn't big but its cool. Its an important birthday for him, he's gonna be 25. A quarter of a century old. Jeff asked an interesting question. What do people wish for on their birthday. Well i've made the same wish for a while now and it has yet to come true, so i can't tell you what it is or else it won't come true. I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt that my car was destroyed in a flash flood of sorts. I was beside myself. What in God's name would i do without a car?? i was thinking about it again on my way to work. How would i even get to work? I'd be very depressed, to say the least.

So i guess that's about it for now. I'm just sitting here at my desk waiting for 5pm to roll around. And it seems as though i have some time to go. Oh well, someone blog so i have something to read!!

No comments: